Monday, March 11, 2013

Read then watch: book and movie combos

When I was younger, my mother encouraged me to read by allowing me to read books soon to be released as movies. This proved as a great motivator for me. Today I try to keep this practice. Not only do I get to read some interesting titles but the movie release date provides a deadline for me to finish the book by. While I can not guarantee that the movie is always as good as the book, here are a few good books to read before seeing the movie.

1. Little Women (abridged versions available for younger readers)
2. The Help
3. The Harry Potter Series
4. Disappearing acts
5. The hitch hikers guide to the universe (for younger readers)
6. The Hunger Games (easy read for young readers)

Goodreads.com has a great list far more extensive than my own. Visit them for more suggestions!


http://www.goodreads.com/shelf/show/books-made-into-movies

No comments:

Post a Comment