Getting to like you, getting to know you like meeeee...... a hem....excuse me. Ya'll know that song is catchy and don't try to act like you don't know it. Anyway...I just finished one of those "20 million questions, fill out blank, forward and hope you really don't get too many back" thingys. The theme was Christmas and I thought I would share. Sharing is caring...LOL.
Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping! I think it is fun. If I had my way all gifts would look like this….
Real tree or Artificial? Artificial. My argument: No Needles on the floor or poking you in your arm while you decorate (saves a lot of time vacuuming till July to clean up), no need to water, You tote it in the house or out to the dumpster only once, and You can always pack it up or put it up when you are ready (not when they go on sale. Any rebuttals?
3. When do you put up the tree? I would like to put it up the day after thanksgiving, however I am currently STILL waiting for manny to come home with a real tree (we had an agreement that one picks the type of tree and the other picks the type of lights, so real tree and white lights).
4. When do you take the tree down? Um…you HAVE to take it down?! Well if I have to I would say after New Years but before It is time to put it back up again. Is that specific enough?
5. Do you like eggnog? LOOOOOOOVE it! This is the time of year that I usually stop at some gas station (turkey hill, wawa, sheets, etc) and go just to buy Stauffers animal crackers and one eggnog. Yum!
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Candy Land board game….oh wait Mall Madness…..Oh wait I loved my easy bake oven (spoken as a true fat kid, I still have Fat kid thoughts….mmmmmm brownies….)
7. Hardest person to buy for? Manny (the hubby)
8. Easiest person to buy for? My Mom (We usually get together sometime after Christmas or on the day before and I say okay pick what you want out of the store. She does and I pay…how much easier can it get?!)
9. Do you have a nativity scene? No I always thought those things were a waste of space, time, and money. I hold meaning in my heart I don’t need the junk. I’m already a pack rat.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Sweat Pants from manny. He’ll do better this time because I told him where to go. If not I’m asking for the receipt for Christmas.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? The claymation Christmas movies. Rudolph, the year there was no Santa and frosty the snowman. However I HATE the California raisins. I liked them when I was young and dumb but it is something about watching a show about raisins that are dark and speak jive and sing. It is a bit racially condescending.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I always plan to go early but I usually go the last payday before….oops that’s this Friday! Dang it did it again!
14. Clear lights or multi-colored lights? Clear and it’s not up for discussion. There are many ways to do clear lights. My favorites are the frosted pearl! How can you say no to such a classic look?!
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Cookies! Fresh baked with hot chocolate or apple cider.
16. Lights on the tree? Yes. How else will Santa see and know where to leave the gifts! ::wink,wink::
17. Favorite Christmas song? Have yourself a merry little Christmas.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? TRAVEL I ain’t cleaning up nothin! I mean, my home is too small for all of my family.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Well there’s dasher and donner and comet and blitzen, there’s…um well .no but I can Google it. Besides I can remember Rudolph and without him they would be flying deer in the dark! Dang.. should have let him in on those reindeer games….
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Ummmm…. I say a star.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning! They are called Christmas Presents not Christmas EVE presents….Gosh!
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? The commercialism and the fact that although the year should be about giving, cheer and loving your fellow man…You always get some SOB who can’t say excuse me, hold a door when you have your hands full or who cuts you off in traffic or cuts in front of you in line or snatches that last gift you have been looking for out of your cart! AY WHERE’S YOUR FRICKIN CHRISTMAS CHEER BUDDY!
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Right now I love bright colored Christmas. I think that it warms up an otherwise cold season! So pinks oranges and teals.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Umm….one made by my family. So Aunt Pam’s deviled eggs and church rice, mom’s Turkey (always the best and I know her secret but I’ll never tell!), Traci’s umm……., Laurens……… well….., Uncle Keith who never cooks but always brings something……. LOL Just kidding Traci and Lauren. Lauren makes great pasta salad and Traci makes the best….well she’s working on it! But she has a lot of love and compassion for everyone and more patience than I have ever seen in anyone and that fills me up!
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Well I have a nice list going but I want to volunteer at the salvation army toy give away first then for me I want this jewelry box at the Marshall’s here. It is by Red box I think and it is black snake skin and has lots of compartments including a drawer the pulls out to be a travel jewelry case, I also want a beach bike with a basket on the front oh and world peace. No body said what do you think you will get this year they said what do you want.
26. Who is most likely to respond to this? NO One. I love Ya’ll but I know you all are not going to read all of my ranting and raving let alone respond, but its okay. Happy Christmas anyhow!