Monday, July 2, 2012

Mourning Domino- Celebrating House Beautiful

When Domino Magazine went out of production I was devistated...no really. I did in fact shead a tear...or two. I'm so emotional.



sniff-sniff...

Well, find solice in newly found

HOUSE BEAUTIFUL

Hear the Angelic Chorus?
(aaaahhhhhhhh!)

Now, this magazine was founded in 1896 by Eugene Klapp, a Chicago-based civil engineer.
Back then, it looked like this

The magazine's Facebook.com page is VERY well done (makes me want to go back and do my company's page better!) in 1907 the site:
"By its third issue in 1904, the magazine had been turned over to Herbert S. Stone who ran it for the next 10 years. From the time he acquired the magazine, Stone wanted readers to know that beautiful homes need not be the private preserves of the wealthy. To illustrate his point, Stone created a popular series in the magazine, "The Poor Taste of the Rich," accompanying it with photographic evidence of their design transgressions."


Please see the Facebook page. If you are anything like me and love decor and history you will definately enjoy this page!  Today if nothing else they have earned a new subscriber. I can't wait to see all that House Beautiful has to offer. I feel so inspired to do new things and so happy to find a fix for my lack of Domino!
You can find them @:
follow @housebeautiful on Twitter
Can you tell I love it?
Here are a few of my favorite shots from thier site!
This is from local designer Naomi Stein



Use of mirrors to make a small kitchen look larger! Brilliant


Color blocked bookcase


Sunny Sun room


The ULTIMATE girly kitchen





color in the pocket


























I love this bathroom!





I love the walls...reminds me of Jolly Ranchers


No comments:

Post a Comment